Nails, Manicures & PedicuresSheer Perfections
It’s often said that our hands show our age more than any other body part. It’s only natural, as our hands are exposed to the elements they can get dried out by performing the daily tasks of life. That’s why it’s important to look after your hands and nails.
At Sheer Perfections, we offer a range of hand, feet and nail treatments to help fight the signs of ageing and also to make your nails more attractive.
There’s no substitute for having your nails done by a professional nail technician. Even the best home painted nails or stick on acrylics don’t stand up to those completed by a trained professional using quality products.
We offer something for everyone including both acrylic and gel nail options. All of the products we use are from top quality brands that are designed to look as good in two weeks time as they did when they were first applied.
Acrylic nails have a number of excellent qualities that make them an ever popular choice. Acrylics are what most people think of when they think of nail treatments and that’s because it’s been around for a long time.
- They’re extremely strong and that means you don’t need to be overly careful when completing day to day tasks. This strength makes them appealing for anyone with weak nails that they can’t grow due to the fragility of their nails.
- The strength of acrylic nails also means that they are highly customisable. You can be extremely creative with your designs. You can have your acrylics finished in a variety of shapes, including almond, square and round. As well as choosing the shape of your nail, you can also have them finished in a variety of colours. From timeless French tips to more outlandish colours, almost anything is possible.
- Properly maintained acrylic nails can last up to 3 months. To get this sort of life out of your nails, you’ll need to ensure that you get the nail filled to cover your natural nail growth and follow the advice of your technician.
- With acrylics, you get a great level of uniformity ensuring every nail is perfect. This uniform look is incredibly difficult to get with natural nails.
- One of the lesser known benefits of acrylics is that they can help you to stop biting your nails. Although, this isn’t their primary purpose the strength of the nail and also the fact that you’ve paid for them can help you to kick your habit.
Acrylic nails do have a reputation for damaging your natural nails, however, this is more to do with how the nails have been applied. Some technicians aren’t as careful as they should be when filing your nail beds and this can cause damage to the natural nail. The process for removing them can also affect your natural nail. Acrylics should be soaked and then the remaining residue filed from your nails. If the beds of your nails are filed too vigorously damage can occur.
If you’ve ever had a bad experience with acrylics, we would urge you to give Sheer Perfections a try as all of our technicians are qualified professionals and will ensure that there is minimal effect on your natural nails.
At Sheer Perfections we use a brand called Gellish. Gellish has been around since 2009 and is the original name in gel nail polish. Gellish is an American company that have developed over 100 different colours of nail polish and receive regular media attention.
Gel nails are available in two forms; soft and hard. Once cured, hard gel nails are strong enough to be used as an extension, whereas soft gel nails are only suitable for adding colour and art to your nails.
- Gel nail extensions offer an alternative to acrylic extensions for people who are allergic to acrylic. Some people also find them to feel more natural than acrylic nails due to them being slightly more flexible than acrylics.
- Gel polish manicures can be easily removed with acetone, which ensures that minimal damage is done to the natural nail.
- They don’t have the same strong chemical smell that acrylics have, which makes the application process far more pleasant.
- Although they don’t last as long as acrylics you can still expect them to last 3 weeks without any peeling or chipping.
- One of the big benefits of gel nails is that they are cured using a UV lamp. A set of nails can be cured within seconds, which means your nails don’t have the chance to smudge.
- You can also get gel polish on your toes. This is ideal for holidays and warm weather when you’ll be wanting to wear open toe shoes and sandals.
- Finally, your gel nails will keep their shine and colour much better than other polishes. This means they will look as good 3 weeks on as they did when they were first done.
If you’re looking to strengthen your existing nail or for high shine nail art then gel polish may be for you. Our nail technicians will be happy to guide you on the colours and designs that are available and also what might suit you.
Manicures & Pedicures
As we’ve already mentioned, your hands and feet are exposed to some pretty challenging environments and can become dry, it’s therefore important to look after your hands and feet. At Sheer Perfections we have a range of manicure and pedicure treatments to pamper your feet and hands.
Manicures & pedicures help to keep your hands and feet soft and looking young. The massaging process increases blood flow to the area which helps to rejuvenate the skin. This, combined with the moisturising and removal of hard skin will leave your hands and feet silky smooth.
Whether you require a callus peel to remove the hard skin on your feet before you get your flip flops out, or your cuticles are in need of some love, we have a treatment that’s right for you.
You can even consider a manicure or pedicure as part of your nail treatment for the ultimate in pampering.
Call our friendly team or use our online booking facility to arrange your treatment.